Group Tours to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and Pripyat
Prices for group tours to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone:
- 1 day – $100 (€85)
- 2 days – $250 (€210)
Itinerary for one-day group tour:
- 7:30 a.m. – Gathering time. Registration with passports.
- 7.45 – 8.00 – Time to go;
- Quick gas station break (15 minutes);
- Head for the Exclusion Zone checkpoint “Dytiatky”. Entry to the territory;
- Visit to abandoned village of Zalissya. Walk along abandoned streets, look inside palace of culture building and private houses;
- Next destination on route is Chernobyl town: welcome road sign, main square, memorial complex “Wormwood Star”, Firefighters’ Monument, short stop at the exhibition of machinery involved in decontamination of the area after disaster;
- Drive into severely contaminated 10–km zone through the “Leliv” checkpoint;
- Next spot is Duga–1. Former top-secret military over-the-horizon radar system known as “Russian Woodpecker”. Walk closer to the antennas, photo shooting (20–30 minutes);
- Another spot on route is Kopachi village where all wooden houses were knocked down after evacuation. “Hot spot” radiation measuring. Look into one remaining brick-made kindergarten building (10 minutes);
- Following is the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant industrial site, panoramic view, unfinished reactors 5 and 6, cooling towers, nuclear fuel storage facility;
- New safe confinement observation site which is the closest place to destroyed reactor (only 300 meters away);
- Right after that you go to the Pripyat Sign and “Red Forest” area;
- Time to explore Pripyat (up to 1.5–2 hours stroll around the town): Lenin Avenue, main square, supermarket, restaurant, Ferris Wheel, bumper cars, stadium, school and more;
- After Pripyat you start returning for Kyiv;
- You will pass two radiation checks before leaving the area;
- Road to Kyiv;
- Arrival between 6–7 p.m.
On a two-day tour program you will cover one-day tour itinerary plus many unbeaten tracks around Pripyat town (including hospital, cinema, piano shop), secret village Chernobyl-2 at the Duga radar, cooling towers and more.
- Overnight stay in one of Chernobyl town hotels (twin share rooms, shared shower rooms) and catering (lunch/dinner on 1st day and breakfast/lunch on 2d day) are included in the cost! Hotel choice depends on availability of rooms (all bright, clean, with free Wi-Fi access, hot water supply).
PAY YOUR ATTENTION
- MEALS Lunch is not included in a one-day tour program (so please prepare some food/water/snacks for the day or buy it at the gas station).
What you should know before going to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
- Application deadline is 24 hours prior the tour.
- Only adults (18+) are allowed to enter Chernobyl area.
- You must have your passport on you on the day of the tour to enter the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (No passport – no entry!).
- If you can't go for the tour and inform less than 24 hours before start, then your deposit is non-refundable!
- Pants only (no skirts, leggings, or shorts).
- Long sleeve shirt (no tank tops or short sleeve shirts).
- Closed-toed shoes (no sandals, high heels or flip-flops).
- You will be walking through lots of glass and debris so put on some appropriate shoes.
- Take some repellents with you (especially in May and June).
There are trillions of different insects at the beginning of summer in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone due to many swamps and little rivers.
To book a group tour:
- full name;
- date of birth;
- passport number;
- desirable date of the tour.
Meeting point and time for group tours:
- 69 Volodymyrivska st., Kyiv, 01004
- Time: 7.30
- Estimated return time 6 – 7 pm.
Group tours are usually from 10 up to 20 people.
If you are not satisfied with group tours and would like to be able to explore the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone according to your own wishes, I suggest individual tours in the Chornobyl zone and Pripyat, with an extended program, which includes many interesting and unusual places. Such carefully designed individual tours also allow you to adjust the program to your liking.
If you want to book a one- or two-days tour or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email, phone or my social media pages.