Visit to the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant can be a rather unique and unforgettable experience. Just imagine, you will see and take photos of the interior of the ChNPP, which, by the way, was operational till the 15th of December, 2000. And only when the last 3rd reactor was shut down, the ChNPP stopped supplying electric energy forever. Nevertheless, until then, the remaining three reactors were restarted and kept working.
During your visit you will be guided by the professionals, who dedicated their lives to the Chernobyl NPP and working there for many years.
By the safety regulations of the SSE CHNPP, during your visit to the Chernbobyl Nuclear Power Plant you can only take necessary things like cameras, Geiger counters, mobile phones and passports with you. Please, remember, that any sharp or explosive objects, keys, cigarettes, lighters, etc. are forbidden.
Standard itinerary for a visit inside the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Meeting in front of the Administrative building of the Chernobyl Station with a guide from the SSE CHNPP, who checks passports, provides personal radiation recorders, the admittance card, explains the rules, etc.;
- 10:45 a.m. – You go to the main entrance of the building and pass the security check;
- 11:00 a.m. – A brief history of Chernobyl NPP;
- 11:15 a.m. – You put on a personal protection equipment (shoe covers, respiratory protection equipment, overalls) and walk through:
- Golden corridor;
- Control room of reactors 2 or 3;
- Main circulating pumps hall of the reactor 3;
- Valerii Khodemchuk memorial;
- Underground shelter room of the ChNPP
- 12:30 p.m. – You are going back, take off special clothes, pass the security check;
- 1:15 – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch time in the canteen of the Chernobyl NPP;
- 2:00 p.m. – You go on the other side of the ChNPP, where observation pavilion is located, to see the mock-up of the destroyed reactor and the New Safe Confinement. Photo shooting of the New Safe Confinement (also called “Sarcophagus”), which covers destroyed reactor 4;
- 3:00 p.m. – The end of the visit to the ChNPP.
If you want to book a tour to the Chernobyl Nucklear Power Plant or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email, phone or my social media pages.