- transportation (Kyiv ⇒ Chernobyl Exclusion Zone ⇒ Kyiv in a comfortable car, or a minivan, or a bus with air conditioning and a TV set);
- meals (lunch in the canteen of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station during 1–day tour and complex including breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner, except for alcohol drinks, on multi-day tours);
- perfect guiding;
- 1 Geiger counter to measure radiation background on a tour;
- helpful service and friendly atmosphere during the entire visit;
- hotel accommodation in case of a few days’ trip.
3, 4, 5–day tours are designed mainly for photographers and people, who require much more time at each location. During such tours, we visit the most mysterious and unbeaten tracks of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
Overnight in one of Chernobyl hotels is included during multiday trips. Rooms are mainly twin-share, shared shower room and toilet, free Wi-Fi access – rather slow but good enough to send messages and some photos to your friends. Single rooms supplement upon request and depend on the availability of rooms in the hotel (cost is extra $40).
Extra fee for the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant tour:
- “BASIC program” – $150 per person (the Golden Corridor, the main circulating pumps hall of the reactor 3, the Valerii Khodemchuk memorial, the control room of the reactor 2 or 3 plus look into the observation pavilion with the model of the destroyed reactor 4).
“BASIC program”: available every day.
- “BASIC + program”– $200 per person (the Golden Corridor, the main circulating pumps hall of the reactor 3, the Valerii Khodemchuk memorial, the control room of the reactor 2 or 3 plus look into the observation pavilion with the model of the destroyed reactor 4 + CONTROL ROOM OF THE REACTOR 4 AND THE REACTOR HALL OF REACTOR 3).
“BASIC + program”: available only on Monday – Wednesday – Friday.
Tour inside the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station must be prebooked and fully paid 3 weeks prior to the date of the visit.
Extra fee for the transfer from the Boryspil International Airport to your accommodation place/hotel in Kyiv or an opposite way for $40 (on demand).
Must-know things before going to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
- Only being a member of an official tour group and be accompanied by an official representative of the Exclusion Zone (licensed tour guide) allows you to enter the Exclusion Zone territory.
- Only if you have your passport on you, you can go for Chernobyl trip (any other documents like ID card or driver licence do not meet the requirements). You will not be allowed to participate in a tour and enter the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone without a valid passport.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter the territory of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- There is a curfew time in the Exclusion Zone – it is allowed to drive and walk around the area only from 7 a.m. and until 8 p.m.
- You should make sure you have your own insurance policy.
- It is not allowed to take photos and film of checkpoint facilities and police guards.
- Tripods are allowed in the Exclusion Zone.
We usually have lunch in the canteen of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station between 1.00 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. on a one-day tour.
During multi-day tours, dinner and breakfast are also included. All food has been imported to the Exclusion Zone from outside and is radiation-free. For those who want to try some radioactive food, it costs extra . Inform me in advance .
It is possible to take drones to the Exclusion Zone and use them, following certain rules and ask your tour guide about that (* distance limit – it is allowed to use drones 5000 meters and further from the industrial site of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station).
- Long sleeve shirt (no tank tops or short sleeve shirts).
- Pants (no skirts, leggings or shorts).
- Closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops).
- You will be walking through lots of glass and debris so I would advise you to put on some appropriate shoes for that.
- Please, take into account that there are no drug stores in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
- If you are allergic to something – please, tell me in advance. Please, consider to bring your own medicines with you (if needed).
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR TOUR BOOKING:
- Choose the desirable date/dates of your tour.
- Contact me to agree on dates. Once agreed, send me the following:
- 1 Passport data
- Photo of your passport (required to arrange necessary permit papers to enter the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone territory, especially if you want to do a tour inside the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station. Due to a restricted regime of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone all passports are scanned by police guards at the entry checkpoint and before you go inside Chernobyl nuclear power station).
(NO PASSPORT - NO GO!).
- 2 Deposit
- The amount of the deposit depends on the number of guests and the tour program (you will be informed about the amount of the deposit in the process of booking).
If your tour program includes a tour inside the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station, the cost of it (visit inside the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station) must be paid in full in the amount of the deposit.
Please, bring the remaining amount of money in cash and hand it to me when we meet in Kyiv on a day of a tour.
I am forced to ask for a bank transfer due to the fact, that PayPal does not work in Ukraine. One of the best and cheapest programs for the money transfer to Ukraine is TransferWise or you can always use Western Union.
- 3 Accommodation place
- Please, inform me about the address of your accommodation place in Kyiv (once you know it) to arrange a pick up/drop off for the tour.
If you want to book a tour or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email, phone or my social media pages.